FJ-ownersclub.nl

Login met gebruikersnaam, wachtwoord en sessielengte
Geavanceerd zoeken

Nieuws:

Natuurlijk mag ook onze Facebook pagina niet ontbreken.
Kijk hier voor de laatste informatie: Yamaha FJ Owners Club NL/BE

Pagina's: [1]   Omlaag

Auteur Topic: PSA: Buyer Beware - Knock Off Oil Filter Conversion Issue  (gelezen 2431 keer)

racerrad8

• RPM - Raduechel Performance motorsports
PSA: Buyer Beware - Knock Off Oil Filter Conversion Issue
« Gepost op: 18 maart 2017, 01:05:17 »

I am sorry to say that I did not post this up sooner. For those who might have purchased an oil filter adapter from eBay within the last couple of years.

Over the last couple of years there was a guy (KGS on eBay) in the UK knocking off the RPM oil filter adapter. He bought one and attempted to copy it. He used my fitment instructions to the letter and implied his adapters were manufactured by RPM. What he did not do is follow the design to the RPM Adapter. He modified the adapter and the center bolt.  There has been reported issues from around the world that are very dangerous to the owner/rider. I want to make sure I make everyone aware. There have now been several documented problems of the oil filter adapter or the oil filter coming loose.

The "lightened design" he advertised allowed the adapter to flew too much. When the temps rise the o-ring looses its seal and the oil starts leaking. He also did not machining the center bolt properly. Some filters will bottom out on the thread and not seat the sealing ring properly. Similar results of the oil leaking out when the engine gets up to full temperate.

Once I heard this had occurred, all RPM oil filter adapters are now engraved with the RPM logo.

Here is a comment I received on an order for a RPM oil filter adapter this week from a customer in Scotland:
     I bought what I thought was a genuine RPM filter. Did one oil change, then took bike to have it dynoed at which time the filter loosened off spraying oil all over the bike and Dyno.
     Turns out the conversion was a knock off and the oil filter thread does not go all the way down.

Here are couple of links from the FJowners.com and Yamaha XJR owners club about this issue.
http://www.yamahaxjrownersclub.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55254&hilit=buyer+beware
http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=12388.0

If you do not have a RPM oil filter adapter and bought one from eBay, please read these links and make sure you are safe. It is not worth crashing because of poor quality oil filter adapters that can leak oil onto your rear tire while riding.

Randy - RPM

Fred

• Bestuur
  • Geslacht: Man
  • Noord Scharwoude
Re: PSA: Buyer Beware - Knock Off Oil Filter Conversion Issue
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 18 maart 2017, 01:31:27 »

Hello Randy. Thanks for the info.  I know several riding with a screw on adapter purchased from Germany. Nothing to do with a knock-off from your design. As these types seems to be here allready for a long time . I have not heard about similar problems as you describe but due to your message every bodylotion is informed. Thanks.

FJ 1200 maar dan Blauw
1x3FJR
2,5 x 3XW
Pagina's: [1]   Omhoog